Every relationship is different and the duration of the no-contact rule is also different, and it varies from couple to partner, and situation. Before implementing the NCR, you should keep in mind the duration of your relationship, the interest and attitude of your partner, attraction level, communication, and the reasons for breaking up. Today, we’ll discuss the psychological meaning of 30 days no contact rule, signs of working, and what you should do after the NCR.
What is the 30 Days No Contact Rule psychologically?
As the name implies, you don’t contact your ex for 30 days and no contact means no stalking, no sudden meeting, no interaction on social media, and no texts and calls. The 30 days NCR is suitable and applicable under the following situations and circumstances;
- They need time and space to analyze their commitment to the relationship
- The non-toxic and non-controlling partner
- Involved in the friends-with-benefits and platonic relationship
- Not visiting the same college or the workplace
- Having a long-distance relationship
- Not married and has no children
- Separately living
- Hurt and pain on one partner caused the breakup
- Ex was taking advantage of you during the relationship
- Ex lost the attraction in you
- Limited open communication
- Short time in the relationship with your partner
Signs 30 Days No Contact Rule is Working
Some of the key signs that you would notice when your 30 days are working, and they’re as follows;
Free From Your Ex
The period of 30 days NCR allows you to break the spell of your partner on you. As time passes by, you would realize that your life is going to a normal state without him. However, your confidence level would start improving, and your focus keeps on getting back on you and yourself rather than on your ex.
Focused On Your Life
If you’re living your life as normal by exercising, and spending time with friends and family members; 3 or 4 weeks is a significant amount of time to bring the focus on yourself. You should develop a new hobby that you have always been passionate about. It is time to use and channel your energy into doing something productive that would help you to rebuild your self-esteem and your confidence level.
No Attention To Them
When you fill your life with joyfulness, happiness, accompanying friends and family, laughter, and living your life as normal; then it would make them feel jealous and frustrated. When you get to focus on yourself and take control back onto your life; it offers you various options whether you should reconcile, move on in your life, or need more time and space.
Ex Sends Caring Texts
If you’re having a long-distance relationship, then you would realize that your partner sends you caring voice notes and text messages. When you don’t respond to texts and calls from your ex, then you would notice the change in their behavior. However, it is possible that they would send you gifts to win your heart.
Met New Person
Life moves on and that’s how it works. When you break their spell over you and fill your life with other activities. If you meet someone new along the way, then you should go out on a date with them and have fun with them. You should analyze your break up during this time if your partner wasn’t attracted to you and not giving you attention. Therefore, you should have fun with someone that gives you time and attention.
Apologizing To You
As time passes the 30 days no-contact rule, you should start receiving apology messages from them. 4 weeks of breakup and no contact is a significant amount of time to reflect on their relationship and breakup. However, it would allow you to reflect on your relationship and your mistakes, and how you should see each other; if reconcile, then based on what terms.
Ex Wants a Relationship
The thirty days of no contact period would make them miss you and want you back in the relationship. It makes them see you differently and reflects on the relationship and know what they actually want. However, they have also learned from their mistakes if they are acknowledging them and asking for forgiveness.
Wait For Your Call
If your ex hasn’t replied during or after the 30-day no-contact rule, then you should keep in mind that their ego is resisting them by not calling and texting. If they have got ego issues, it means that they were waiting for you to call and text them. However, if you don’t know what to do, then you should simply send them a text and wait for their reply.
Ex is Seeing Someone
If your ex has started seeing someone else because they wanted to make you feel jealous, you should simply text them that they have won the breakup. It is important to keep in mind that no one falls in love with anyone and develops the deepest understanding within thirty days.
What to Do After the 30 Days No Contact Rule – Tips
It is significant to keep in mind that the 30 days no-contact rule is not the solution; rather it is the start of the healing process. Some of the tips that you should keep in mind are as follows;
- If your partner is giving you the signals of getting back to you, then you should wait for him to break the NCR
- If the healing process doesn’t give you sufficient results in 30 days, then you should extend the period to 45, 60, or 90 days
- You can redevelop friendly relations with your ex if they have learned and acknowledged their mistakes
- Tell your ex that you’re a different person and you’re now seeing things from a different perspective
- If your ex is a dominant and controlling man, then you can give all the power to him just by contacting him after 30 days NCR
- Planned to move on in your life with someone new, then you don’t have to do it immediately, you should take your time and learn from your mistakes
- If you’re enjoying your single life, then you should keep on living that way
Conclusion: 30 Days No Contact Rule, Signs of Working, To Do After
After an in-depth study of 30 days no contact rule; signs if it is working, and what to do after; we have realized NCR offers you significant time to reflect on your relationship. If you’re going through a similar situation in your life, then you should keep in mind the abovementioned tips and guidelines.
Ahsan is an accomplished researcher and has a deep insight in worldly life affairs. He goes Live 3 days a week on various social media platforms. Other than research writing, he’s a very interesting person.